SALON REVIEW: Capucci Salon
A few weeks ago I had the privilege of stopping by Capucci Salon, one that’s celebrated 25 years of success. Sitting down in one of the co-owners, Ted’s, chair, was an anxious moment that was enjoyable and comfortable experience.
What I love about the salon was that it was not only a vast area dedicated to high quality hair styling talent, products, and a strong client base, but it was evident that they had a full customer experience. I was whisked from the washing station to Ted’s chair quickly, and my locks were trimmed to perfection.
Some fun facts:
- Capucci has been around for 25 years in the Bloor West Village area
- The name doesn’t really stand for anything, it’s catchy, light hearted, and representative of the culture
- The team often travels for trade shows and showcases – recently going to New York for Unite (whose products are amazing, by the by)
- The services are full-fledged, everything from eyelash extensions to every range of colouring options you could imagine
- They’re award-winning in talent
- There’s an affiliated spa that can be entered through their main lobby area as well
- Co-owner Ted Zorzi was quoted in the Toronto Star about money lessons recently
If you’re looking for a cut, trim, colour, styling, be sure to stop by. Their prices are reasonable, the quality is impeccable, and the staff are warm and friendly. I was nervous about my hair full of split ends (sigh) disappearing in length, but Ted Zorzi was phenomenal. Not only did I keep my length, but I walked out in need of making plans that evening for how great it turned out.
As for me? I learned a new trick on how to blow dry my hair – using a barrel brush, heat up the metal with a blow dryer, and gentle work the hair around the brush so that there’s room for a natural curl. You’ll get some killer volume, add movement, and can add another trick into your hair handbook.
Learn more about Capucci: