Building up a solid makeup brush collection can’t be that hard… can it? To say I was overwhelmed when I first walked into my local cosmetics store would be the understatement of the century. As I gazed at row upon row of countless brushes in all sizes, shapes and colours a million thoughts ran through my head.
“A stippling brush? Dual ended something-something? Kabuki brush? I could’ve sworn Kabuki was some form of Japanese drama…”
For a long time I had only used the free brushes that came with my makeup products. But ladies the truth is that your makeup is only as good as the brush it’s applied with.
I decided to get serious and research the brush market far and wide to come up with a list of the 10 makeup brushes every woman should have in her makeup bag. So without further ado and in no particular order, here they are:
Happy Friday everyone! Here are my five faves for the week:
1. La Notte Marcello T-Shirt: I’m all about La Notte screen-printed tees this summer. A variety of super cool graphics ready to be paired with some denim cut-offs, shades and runners: my go-to for effortless casual.
2. Zara Sandal with Buckle: Can’t go wrong with nude sandals that can be dressed up or down! The buckles on this pair add some edge and oomph to my outfits.
3. Asos Multipack Textured Rings: I’ve been wearing a lot of stack rings as of late in addition to my arm party. These are fun and the assortment allows me to mix and match!
4. MoroccanOil Volumizing Mousse: Blo Blow Dry Bar used this product in my hair and I loved it! It’s absolutely weightless and gave my curls lift and body for the whole night. Also smells great and leaves no residue, I’m just a fan of MoroccanOil overall.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat: This is a wonder pen that luminizes skin and brightens complexion. It’s like a super concealer for tired eyes by reflecting light leaving a dewy finish. I use it on my cheek bones for definition and glow! Ideal for travel after long flights, too.
I’ve been using facial oil lately to replace my BB cream and it’s become the main part of my skincare routine. Especially with the hot weather, the oil helps my skin stay dewy and glowing. Odacité’s A Summer in Hossegor is currently in heavy rotation as my everyday go to. It’s an ultra-intensive serum made up of four pure and potent oils aimed to revitalize skin with the highest natural occurrence of Vitamins A, C and E. The four oils are wild carrot seed, papaya, buriti and blueberry. I apply this immediately after I cleanse and tone – sometimes I leave it as it is or sweep some bronzer or loose mineral powder to set it. That’s all you’ll need for a summer skin booster!
I recently discovered Odacité at The Detox Market and embrace their philosophy of going beyond organic where FRESHNESS = EFFICIENCY. Efficacy of products are often negated if the formula is not fresh. Think about how long products sit on a shelf before you use it on your skin and consider how active it is after years on a shelf in a jar? Most of them are filled with preservatives that end up damaging your skin instead. Odacité formulates their products fresh with organic ingredients and dated with a Freshiency Date that indicates how long the product will maintain its optimal effectiveness with its own proper packaged seal.
- Smells invigorating and wonderful
- Absorbs quickly and feels lightweight
- Gives a dewy finish and delivers even toned skin
- Reduces brown spots and redness
- Rich in antioxidants
- Papaya enzymes dissolve dead skin cells for a fresh and vibrant glow
- None except the steep price