What makes you feel confident? Is it a form fitting dress, a flattering hair cut or even a good eyebrow day? How about fresh breath? Everyone knows how embarrassing it can be to speak with someone with onion breath and how life-saving a piece of gum can be in situations like these. That’s why Excel has teamed up with Stacy London, a woman who has worn many hats as past co-host of “What Not To Wear”, author, editor and all around awesome human being with an amazing shoe collection.
Chocolate croissants, yogurt bowls and packs of gum were on the menu at the Soho House where we discussed how to dress after a sweaty gym session, Stacy’s biggest fashion misses (lime green head to toe), and her insane trivia knowledge on films. Our biggest takeaway was her tips on how to be truly confident in your personal image:
- Preparation. Keep your bag stocked with travel sized goodies: hair spray, lip balm, ear phones, lip stick and of course, minty gum!
- Posture. Shoulders back and head high for a tall, upright position to say hello to the world.
- Comfort. If you’re playing around with your bra strap and scratching your back every few minutes, people will notice your discomfort. It’s important to love what you’re wearing but also keep in mind that being comfortable shows, if you feel great, you’ll look fab too.
- Accessories. Whether it’s a shaper, a touch of gloss, or a hat to tie the outfit together, there’s no need to hold back. Everyone needs a little help from time to time because let’s face it, no one’s perfect.
- Experiment. Being trendy and stylish means knowing what you’re doing works for you. Don’t be scared to try new pieces or get a little grungier or girlier than you’ve ever been. Stacy has a pair of hip platform booties she keeps hidden in her closet as a guilty pleasure.
I had hearts in my eyes after hearing her animated retell of personal experiences and enthusiasm for life. Her words of wisdom are still riniging in my head and gives me no doubt why she’s so accomplished. “Style makes no mistakes; you try it and if it doesn’t fit, you move on to the next“. Touché.
Can’t wait to see your Catwoman costume for Halloween,