FAVE FRIDAY – @ABBYHO
1. Barry M Nail Polish: I detest chipping nail polish. ICK! That being said, finding a shade that STAYS PUT is a constant struggle. And on my most recent trip to London, England, my awesome friend Elya, recommended Drugstore brand Barry M! Cheap, quick-drying, and minimal chipping after 5 days of wearage (and counting). It’s my DIY shellac substitute! YAY! I picked up only two colors- ‘Rasberry'(not a typo), and ‘Pink Flamingo’ for £5. In hindsight, I should’ve swept the shelves.
2. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: I don’t often go for “bold” colors, but a romantic red lip is always chic and I am obsessed with this lip pencil in “Damned”. It is the perfect deep purple-y red and it is flattering on ALL skin colors. No really, I tried it on ALL my friends- blondes, brunettes, redheads! It is gorgeous and is the perfect accessory for a night out, or can be worn sheer under some lip gloss for the office.
3. Boots from Clarks: Yes. I am admitting that I have a pair of “comfy” shoes, but I have no shame… and my feet LOVE ‘em! These ankle boots from Clarks are my budget version of the Acne Pistol boots (they’re of a similar ‘look’), and I couldn’t be happy that I picked them up on sale via Zappos. HURRAY! I am still lusting after a pair of Rag & Bone Harrow booties, but until then, I’m gonna wear these all season long.
4. Everything and ANYTHING from The Kooples: In my latest trip to London, I stumbled upon this French label and their amazingly cut blazers, shorts, trousers, blouses, and dresses. Designed by three French brothers, it perfectly embodies everything that makes Parisian street style SOOOO chic. They have a solid collection classic seperates, with a bit of British rock ‘n’ roll edge. I picked up this Jacquard dress and am loving the fit and the subtle, yet intricate fabric. The brand also uses real-life couples for their advertising campaigns. CUTE!! Oh and everything at The Kooples fits like a dream.
5. Food Should Taste Good: These chips are delicious. Everyone that knows me knows that I love candy and chips (a few of my many vices). And these delicious chips make me feel less guilty about snacking! I have been dipping them in homemade hummus, salsa, or guacamole and nom nom nom. I may or may not have already consumed a full bag of them while attempting to write this.
What are your current faves?